Light Up Night CDEdit
- I've been on the ballot. I've stepped up. Back in 2000 I objected to the way the city was being managed by Mayor Murphy. I formed a campaign did my best to lift some opposition. Too much attention was being paid to stadium deals, convention centers and Lord & Taylor. The corporate welfare raised our debt and we knew he would ignore the kids and seniors by closing rec centers, swim pools and firing crossing guards.
- I've been in the fray -- through thick and thin.
- Voters will find my name, Mark Rauterkus, at the polls again with the special election in the dead of winter in 2006. With your help, I can be the replacement to Gene Ricciardi and we can establish some better priorities on Grant Street.
- I'm a dedicated community activist who can write and communicate. I would love to get your support and vote.
- Independents, Libertarians, Greens, Republicans and Democrats can vote for me if they go to the polls. All registered voters can vote in the special election.
- Politics is complicated. Democracy is messy. But voting is simple.
- We need city leaders who understand democracy and technical matters such as Open-Source Software.
- We are getting new voting machines in 2006. Democracy and civic interactions play vital roles in our prosperity.
- It sadens me to witness all that has been left to crumble. Let's energize. Our democracy is frail. I care that we are self-reliant with self-determination.
- It is goig to take a fix-up attitude from "We the people" to make headway here.
- I've offered a number of insights for campaign finance reform, transparent PAC accounts, authority board retention votes. They are all online at the Platform-For-Pgh.org
- Let's build trust and let's be careful with our votes.
- This song is from my friend, Amy Carol Webb.
Song: Be Careful Punching Ballots If You Can't Find the Hole.