- Carla Andrea Leininger, a native of Brazil who is a talent sourcing analyst for PNC Financial Services Group, said Pittsburgh and, somewhat suprisingly, Washington, have a shortage of job candidates who speak English and Spanish fluently.
- operates a Web site, Arrepia, Brasil! http://www.arrepiabrasil.org
- dedicated to Pittsburgh's Brazilian community
- Working with DiverseCITY in October, 2006
- "Traditional headhunting approaches don't work when it comes to finding bilingual professionals."
- "You have to take a grass roots approach," Leininger said. Leininger, who hosts a Brazilian radio hour from 6-7 p.m. on Carnegie Mellon University's WRCT 88.3 FM, also believes one has a better chance of bumping into a good Latin American job candidate while at a music event than at the average networking breakfast.
"You have to dance with these people first," she said.