Source: D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h Edit
Campaign Update: DC Downsizers have sent 4,278 messages to Congress opposing this incumbent protection bill. More are needed. The link to click to send your message is provided below:
If GM set the rules for Ford, Ford would soon be bankrupt. Sadly, Congressional incumbents can do to their competitors what GM cannot. If H.R. 4694 passes into law . . .
- You won't be able to use your own money to support or oppose federal candidates.
- Taxes will fund all federal campaigns, with winners getting more money in the next election, and losers less.
- Third parties and independents will have to collect petition signatures equal to 20% of the votes cast in the last election to get full funding, but paid petitioners will be outlawed!
- It's well-established that challengers must outspend incumbents to unseat them. This law would make it impossible for any challenger to outspend any incumbent.
- Your tax money will be used to fund candidates you oppose.
- Candidates unwilling to take government funds will be prohbited from spending any money at all.
- It will be illegal for citizens groups to spend money discussing federal campaigns.
This bill would be the absolute end of free elections in America.
To send Congress a message opposing H.R. 4694 click here: