Pittsburgh plans diversity festivalEdit
A group of Pittsburgh's civic and business leaders is planning a four-day festival to begin in August 16 to 19, 2007, designed to expand Pittsburgh's reputation as a diverse city and in turn, help to grow its economy.
- Chaired by Andrew Russell, a Venezuelan-born executive vice president with PNC Bank
- six stages of music and dance
- business networking expo
- opportunities for Pittsburgh's Asian, Latin and African-American communities to present their cultures in the form of the foods, music and art.
- Pittsburgh Metropolitan Hispanic Area Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown law office of Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham LLP
- PNC Financial Services Group
- YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh
- African American Chamber of Commerce