Gloria Novak, 50, of Observatory Hill, said she will seek the Democratic endorsement for City Council district 1 in 2006.
- City Controller's office manager. She has worked in the controller's office for 23 years and manages the performance audit section. She has a master's degree in education from the University of Pittsburgh.
Council needs more diversity, said Novak, a Democratic committeewoman and party secretary in the 26th Ward.
"We need someone with a lot of experience in departments and operations. I've audited most authorities and city departments and have an intimate knowledge of how they work. I know where the waste is and will be able to make recommendations for improvements," she said.
Pgh City Council district 1 candidate chatter for November 7, 2006 included:Edit
On the ballot:Edit
- Darlene Harris, D, GOT the D Endorsement - won with 46 percent and 4,218 votes
- Joe Lucas, R, GOT THE GOP Endorsement and 14% of the vote
- Kevin Donahue II, 27, of Brighton Heights and 14% of the vote
- Steven Oberst, 43, of Brighton Heights, a tax attorney and 11% of the vote
- Myles Rooney, ex-D, now I, 32, of Observatory Hill, a home security system salesman got 9% of the vote
- David Schuilenburg, 33, of Summer Hill, a 911 dispatcher got 4% of the vote
Results on November 2006 general election (special election) Edit
- MEMBER OF COUNCIL PGH COUNCIL DIST (WITH 38 OF 38 DISTRICTS COUNTED)
- DARLENE M HARRIS (DEM) . . . . . . 4,333 46.63
- JOE LUCAS (REP) . . . . . . . . 1,320 14.20
- STEVEN P OBERST (FOO) . . . . . . 993 10.69
- DAVID SCHUILENBURG (IND) . . . . . 403 4.34
- KEVIN DONAHUE II (PFD) . . . . . . 1,281 13.78
- MYLES P ROONEY (RFC). . . . . . . 797 8.58
- WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 166 1.79
- Total . . . . . . . . . 9,293