- Law professor at Duquesne University
- Worked on Grant Street for past mayor administrations
- talking head who is often interviewed and quoted for his political insights
- Joseph Sabino Mistick is a lawyer and political analyst who resides in Squirrel Hill.
Feedback on the Dennis Regan flap from December, 2006Edit
- One analyst, Joseph Sabino Mistick said Luke Ravenstahl could have benefited politically by moving sooner to replace Dennis Regan and other officials (Marlene Cassidy) inherited from his predecessor, the late Mayor Bob O'Connor.
- "You can never be Bob O'Connor Jr. ... I think the sooner he realizes that, the sooner he'll be able to put together a team to get elected and run the city," said Joseph Sabino Mistick, a Duquesne University law professor. He said Ravenstahl lost an opportunity to come off as a strong leader. "This was a softball way to handle this situation," Mistick said. "I think he has done a masterful job in taking the (public) interest of a young mayor but, at some point, you've got to show substance."