- Kevin Kirby, 46, in 2007 or so, of Brighton Heights.
- Said he was NOT a candidate for City Council, district 1. Not to be confused with Kevin Quigley.
- Works with City of Pittsburgh Public Works. Spent time in Bob O'Connor's tenure on the redd up campaign.
- Kevin Quigley a 16-year Public Works employee who ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 1999 against former City Councilwoman Barbara Burns, who said she is "seriously considering" entering the race.
- Kirby said his street-level experience as a Public Works laborer gives him close ties to residents.
- Kirby said, "We're involved in the 'redd up' program and we hear the residents' complaints daily -- streets, garbage and abandoned homes," said Kirby, who graduated from Oliver High School.
Pgh City Council district 1 candidate chatter for November 7, 2006 included:Edit
On the ballot:Edit
- Darlene Harris, D, GOT the D Endorsement - won with 46 percent and 4,218 votes
- Joe Lucas, R, GOT THE GOP Endorsement and 14% of the vote
- Kevin Donahue II, 27, of Brighton Heights and 14% of the vote
- Steven Oberst, 43, of Brighton Heights, a tax attorney and 11% of the vote
- Myles Rooney, ex-D, now I, 32, of Observatory Hill, a home security system salesman got 9% of the vote
- David Schuilenburg, 33, of Summer Hill, a 911 dispatcher got 4% of the vote
Results on November 2006 general election (special election) Edit
- MEMBER OF COUNCIL PGH COUNCIL DIST (WITH 38 OF 38 DISTRICTS COUNTED)
- DARLENE M HARRIS (DEM) . . . . . . 4,333 46.63
- JOE LUCAS (REP) . . . . . . . . 1,320 14.20
- STEVEN P OBERST (FOO) . . . . . . 993 10.69
- DAVID SCHUILENBURG (IND) . . . . . 403 4.34
- KEVIN DONAHUE II (PFD) . . . . . . 1,281 13.78
- MYLES P ROONEY (RFC). . . . . . . 797 8.58
- WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 166 1.79
- Total . . . . . . . . . 9,293
Not on the ballot:Edit
- Kevin Quigley, D
- Kevin Kirby, D
- Gloria Novak, D
- Barbara Burns, D - posted in the Trib on 9-22-06 saying she will not run. :)
- Tim Tuinstra, D
- Malcolm Hardie
- Vernon Booser